The skin is the largest organ of the body and also a big eliminator of toxins and waste in our body. Buy a body brush made of natural plant fiber, a course bath glove, a loofah, or a course body scrub. The amount of pressure you can use depends on skin sensitivity. Brush vigorously making circular motions and massage every part of your body. Start with feet and legs, then hands and arms, then back, abdomen, chest and neck. Once finished, shower to clean off exfoliated skin cells. 5-10 minutes of brushing is ideal.
The benefits of dry body brushing:
- It exfoliates the outer layer of the skin.
- Stimulates blood flow to the skin, allowing the skin to breathe better.
- Helps eliminate wastes and toxins carried in the blood stream.
- Stimulates blood circulation in underlying organs.
- Stimulates hormone and oil-producing glands of the skin.
- Contributes to a healthier muscle tone and better distribution of fats.
- Rejuvenates the complexion which helps with aging.